Today started with me stressing about having enough time, and is ending with me feeling the same way. In a morning that I had over scheduled, the first thing (Jace's doctors appt) I did went an hour over. The whole time I'm sitting in the waiting room the panic was starting to well up in me. After the doctor's appointment was over, the rest of the day went pretty well. Until the kids came home from school ;)
The kids weren't bad, it was just all the stuff we had to get done after school. Between homework, football practice, and more homework I've realized the kids' bed times have to be extended. Its not a big deal, but in the midst of it--on the way to football practice--I started to panic again. I even called and woke Danny up so I could vent. I am so glad I have such a great hubby!
I'm hoping the extended bedtime (only 1/2 hour later) doesn't make the kids cranky in the morning. I'm also hoping that the medicine that Jace starts tomorrow will help him stay focused on homework and help it go more smoothly. At first I thought that maybe it was just my parenting that was causing the homework fiasco--but then the football coach said Jace hasn't been focused at practices. The doctor said his medicine is probably wearing off by the end of the day--hence the added dose in the afternoon. We also have a referral in for Jace to visit the child's psychiatrist to confirm/change his diagnosis. Unfortunately it will probably take 3 months to get the appointment. So, if any of Jace's behaviors are aggravated by the fact that Danny is deployed, we'll get help just in time for him to come home ;)
Needless to say there was some yelling tonight trying to get everything done and keep the kids on task. In the midst of me feeling like a horrible parent, Bryce helped me see something I've done right lately. Remember the Momma & Me journal I created for them a while ago? Well, Jace hasn't done any of it, but Bryce and I have been writing in hers. It has been working out great. Tonight after I had yelled at her, she went upstairs and wrote in her journal. She told me how she feels sad when I yell at her, but that I am a great mom. I am so excited that she is using it to express her feelings! It made my night to see that one thing we've started is working the way I had hoped it would.
No comments:
Post a Comment