I am exhausted. Physically and mentally. I do not know what I was thinking when I agreed to let Bryce have a sleepover for her birthday party. It might have been the fact that Bryce had started asking me in January. I did bring the number down from the 10 she originally wanted to 5. I also made sure that the 5 were girls I knew would get along as well as any group of 6 girls can.
Maybe if it wasn't for the fact that in addition to Bryce's birthday party, we had one to go to before hers and two parties--one for Jace & one for Bryce--today. Or maybe its the fact that there were still girls up at 4 in the morning and back up at 8. Whatever the reason I'm done--stick a fork in me done.
I am pretty happy how the party went over all. The only plus side to Danny being deployed for the party is that it got to be really a girl fest--something he would not have enjoyed. He might have suffered through it, but not enjoyed ;). I'm extremely thankful that Jace had a friends to go to since it was such a girlie night.
We started the evening out with some hair chalking I found on pinterest--basically dying the girls' hair (and skin on some of them :\ I don't know if it was the type of chalk that we used but some of them didn't show up as bright as it was on pinterest. Oh well, the girls had fun. The moms did too.
At the same time as we were dying hair, a Just Dance contest was going on in the living room. That game was one of the best video game investments I've ever made. The girls and two boys that were over here loved it. It was so cute to see all of them dancing in the living room.
We did pizza, cake, ice cream and presents in between dying and making lip gloss.
After we ate it was time to make lip gloss. Another fun project that I think went well. I'd change some things when doing it next time but it was fun. I really enjoyed spending time with the group of girls that Bryce had over.
Finally, it was time for them to calm down, do their nails, and go to sleep. Needless to say I went to bed a little after midnight. I had to get onto the girls to quiet down around 2ish and then woke up to a girl wondering around about 4ish. After that you'd think they'd sleep in, but of course not ;) They were up and at 'em by 8:30.
The last girl was picked up by noon and then we raced to get ready and headed out the door by 1 for birthday parties--Jace's at Chuck-e-cheese and Bryce's at the Ice skating rink. We got home at 5:30. I knew Bryce was exhausted but was hoping that she could hold it all together but she finally had her melt down over who got to take a shower first. And after that there was no consoling her on anything.
She managed to pull herself together eventually and we did one song as a family of Just Dance. The winner of both songs we did--Jace. I guess our little man can move it ;) He was so sweet he told me that I was a good dancer before he went to bed ;)
I did learn some things this weekend. One--having Danny here to help get ready for a party is a must. I kept finding myself thinking over and over again how many little tasks he does that I don't have to worry about when we plan a party. Two--thank goodness for Battle Buddies (BB). My main BB had to go out of town this weekend, but thank you Ashley for being another great BB! I do not know what I would have done without you! Not only did Ashley take pics for the party (since I always forget to do it) but she ended up staying the night with me. It definitely helped when making the lip gloss and during the girl drama moments. Sabrina, Erin, and Penny, you also were a huge help and I appreciate you coming and letting yourselves get suckered into helping. You girls rock and I am so thankful I had you there to help me keep my sanity! Three--I am never having a sleepover with more than 2 other girls again. Four--If Jace ever wants to have a sleepover I'm throwing them in the yard with a tent and flashlights and his Daddy can keep track of them :D.









No comments:
Post a Comment