Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Monday, February 20, 2012

Best Intentions

I had the best of intentions to finish my to-do list.  This weekend was really a slow weekend--for us that is ;).  I loved that we had today off, and am kind of dreading a busy week.  Friday, as I posted earlier, was date night with Jace.  Saturday we had golf and then church.  Sunday, church again and a good portion of time to clean.  I didn't intend to have anyone come over, but last minute a couple friends came over for a really low key night.  Again, pretty easy right?  However, my biggest goal for the weekend--to clean.  Did it all get done? Of course not.  Do I regret the time I had chatting with friends and neighbors?  Of course not.

 I do wish that I could find my motivation to clean at night.  But it leaves me at about 6 pm every night. I always say around 2 or 3--right before I have to run to the church for the night, or the kids have some event--that I'll get back to cleaning.  It never happens.  I do better at getting motivated at 5 am than 9pm.  Don't ask me why, 'cause I have no clue. 

I did get the downstairs clean--but I really need to get to my room.  The dust bunnies are having babies and my file pile is out of control. 

This leads me to a conclusion that I've known for a while, but its really hitting home now, Danny spoils me.  I would not be doing half the running I do.  He would do most of the running so I could stay home and focus on cleaning.  Or he'd do the cleaning for me--at least the surface stuff.  I've always been the one who does the deep cleaning.  I think we have a good division of labor when he's home.  When he's gone it takes a while to adjust ;)  

So we're 40+ days into the deployment.  I can't believe it.  Maybe its because I've been so busy.  But I really think it has more to do with the relationship I have with God and Jesus, and all the people with whom God has surround me.  Last deployment was probably the hardest one on me.  I was very overwhelmed, I had a constant weight on my shoulders.  So far in this deployment I'm feeling pretty good.  I have good days and bad days, but overall I'm doing better than any other. 

There was a song at church called Song of Moses that really hit the nail on the head for me.  Part of the lyrics say, "Oh Praise the Lord our Mighty Warrior, Praise the Lord the Glorious One, by his hand we stand in victory, by His name we've overcome."  That's exactly how I feel.  He is my mighty warrior--he faces the hard stuff for me or at least with me.  I do and will stand in victory at the end of this deployment--with HIS help I will manage this house, parent as He's called me to parent, and be the supportive wife that my husband needs me to be while he's deployed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment