Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I feel like I'm finally getting into the groove.

I am finally getting into the groove of this deployment.  This weekend went great!  I am learning to say no when needed---even if I really want to do something.  I guess its called being a grown up ;) but I've learned that I can't say yes to everything.  

The weekend started with me dress shopping with my partner-in-crime, Vicki, and my daughter.  Vicki's boys joined us but they were so quiet you almost didn't know they were there.   So my idea of dress shopping is not spending all day out and about.  I found my dress in an hour--awesome.  I think I tried on at least 12 dresses and the last one was the winner.  Bryce really wanted me to pick one of the dresses she picked out--and some were okay--but the last one we all agreed on.  I'm not posting it, cause I want it to be a surprise, but its very pretty.  I will post the shoes I got.  Again, Bryce and Vicki helped pick them out, so if I kill myself in them its their fault.  I haven't worn hills this tall since before I was married.


After dress shopping we peaked into Plato's Closet, where I think Vicki and I will be shopping a lot.  What's not to love about saving money?!   We're going to challenge ourselves to see how many outfits we can create there that are similar to the ones we keep pinning on pinterest--since there is no way I can afford the ones on pinterest (1000 for a pair of jean? REALLY?) 

Bryce and I left there to go on a mother- daughter date.  We got our pedicures and chatted.  She even picked the same color as I did--I was pretty impressed.  Here are our pretty toes:



And my beautiful daughter after we were done. 

After that I took Vicki's boys so she could go shopping and then we switched and she took the kids and I went shopping.  As much as I hate that she has to go through a deployment, I am so glad to have somebody to go through this with. 

That was yesterday.  It was a busy day--we were running from 8 in the morning till 10:30 last night.  So today we didn't do anything.  It felt so good to not HAVE to be anywhere.  I let the kids sleep in (and so did I).  The kids were wiped out and didn't get up until after 10.  We didn't have anywhere to be until 5:30 at Jgroup so I was able to finally CLEAN--not just straighten up, but CLEAN.  The whole upstairs has been completely cleaned--including finishing laundry.   The downstairs I started but I'll finish it up tomorrow.  I just can't believe I had so much extra motivation.  Let's hope it stays with me all week.  Now I better get in bed so I can wake up at my normal 5ish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment