Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Things I'm thankful for today

Okay, so there was no profound moment today ;) so I just wanted to share the little things that I am thankful for today:

1.  That today when I didn't get to talk to Danny, it might have been the first or second time in 45 days I haven't talked to him.  I'm thankful that this has changed from the first deployment when I'd get a call a week, no idea when, and it was only 15 min.  Back then I carried my cell phone with me everywhere and would turn around and go home to get it even if I was already at my destination.  If I missed a call I'd cry and it would ruin my day.

2.  Thankful for Jace's football coach and his willingness to drive Jace when and where ever asked. 

3.  Thankful for friends who have been taking care of me since the deployment. You can't imagine how much it means when you offer to watch my kids, have us over for dinner, invite me to do something fun, or just listen/read my blog and lift me up. 

4.  Thankful that Garmin has been a good dog since Danny left.  He's been left home alone a lot and hasn't freaked out.  He is a good addition to our family.  I can't believe he's almost 2 (in April).  Thats the longest we've ever kept a dog ;)

5.  Thankful that USAA has great customer service and understands the military life.  I called to change insurance--thanks to Dave Ramsey and our emergency fund I felt comfortable raising the deductible to save money.  I also wanted to see if I could take Danny off of the insurance.  USAA did all of that--and taking Danny off the insurance was extremely simple!  He is still covered during his 2 week R&R on the coverage we have now automatically--we don't have to do anything.  When he comes home in a year--they automatically change it back and send me a letter to let me know.  HUGE savings.  AWESOME!

6.  Thankful that DirectTV didn't fight me to have a wrongful charge removed.  I was all prepared for them to fight me on it, but I didn't have to THANK GOODNESS cause I hate having to argue my case.

7.  I got to talk to my Dad and there were some answered prayers!  Always a good thing!!

8.  I was able to have my quiet time with God first thing this morning and it set up my day.

9.  Both kids had a great day at school! 

10.  Okay--so I'm sitting here reaching for something else because  I can't just let it go without a nice round number like 10 ;)  So--I'm thankful that I'm busy (sometimes)--it means I'm loved, I love in return, and I value my relationships above cleaning or other business.  I may be busy, but when I look at it, I am busy with things that make my life better.  Not once have I left at a commitment/event and said I wish I didn't do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment