Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Monday, February 27, 2012

I spoke too soon...

Okay, so I think I am still in my groove,  but the last 5 minutes are overwhelming me.  For those of you who do not have to deal with the deployments, my experience is that its not the big things that send me into panic.  Its a bunch of little things that cause me to feel overwhelmed.

  For example,  juggling everyone's schedule.  Jace's football had a last minute cancellation of tonight's scrimmage.  Not necessarily a big deal--actually cancelling it frees up some time tonight.  However, it was rescheduled for tomorrow--which is the last night of Bible study and we have plans to have dinner with our friends first.  Jace doesn't want to miss it and we've already told his friend he'd be there--so football will be missed.  Add that to the fact that we're skipping football practice Wed. because of an Army Wife Network event that I get to attend.  I'm really looking forward to that day. 

Neither of them are big deals, but when I have Jace miss two practices back to back it makes me feel like a bad parent and I worry Jace is going to miss something because of me. 

So I'm already struggling with that guilt and I get hit up by the FRG for a commitment I'm going to have to do some serious juggling for.  The event is at the same time as Bryce's last day of golf and Jace's first game & pictures.  Stress is added.

The next straw is added when Jace pulls out his homework and there is a math measurement project that was given out today and due on Thursday.  We're gone every night this week!!  Why was this not given to us to do over the weekend?  I'm a little upset about it.  I probably wouldn't be if I wasn't already thinking about football and FRG but now I'm starting to feel a little anxious.  I wrote a somewhat terse note to his teacher about it being turned in Friday because I'm trying not to stress myself out, but its still lurking in the back of my mind.  I should be doing 10 different things right now---sign language homework, getting the kids to watch their video, FRG emails, and now I need to do his homework.  On top of the fact that my boy does not like homework.  He already had a mini meltdown (he quickly got over it) about the fact that he has a spelling list and ABC order homework but there is no spelling test listed on his newsletter.  (another note went in his binder to his teacher).  So the last thing I want to do is fight with him over homework when I'm already overwhelmed.  Plus he needs to make a poster--so I've got to buy poster board and such.  UGH. 

Writing this down is helping me--but my mind is racing so much I think homework is out.  Dinner might be grabbing McDonald's---just so its one less thing to worry about :/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment