Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Anything you can do I can do better.....

Remember that song?  "Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you."  Well that song was running through my head today, although not for the reason you think.  It was running through my head because really that should be Danny's song to me ;)  He really is a Jack-of-all-trades.  He knows how to do everything.  And he's good at it.  Me, not so much.

Today I finished weed eating and edging the lawn.  Yay me! LOL.  It didn't take too much time.  But I did want to show you the reason I shouldn't be allowed to do yard work.  The bruise and cut happened yesterday, but I didn't realize how bad the bruise was until mid afternoon today.  So here are my battle scars from doing the lawn.

Not quite sure how I got the cut on my leg, but my arm I definitely remember.  I was standing too close to the deck/bench and when I yanked on the cord to start the lawn mower, I threw my arm into the corner of the wooden bench.  It did not feel very good.

But I did get the yard done.  I have a sinking feeling I'll be doing the same thing next weekend since the weeds...I mean grass...have been growing so fast.  Here is the yard:

I also was able to wash out the hot tub.  I have been needed to change a filter because the guys at the pool and spa place said that's all I needed to do to get the hot tub to quit saying FL 1 and to start heating up again.  However, it hasn't started heating up yet, so I've got to add calling them to my to do list.  I have plans for some ladies and I to use that hot tub on Friday so I better get it fixed.  I wanted to be able to post this pic and say, "hot tub anyone." Hopefully it'll be fixed by Friday so I can say "hot tub anyone," and mean it.   Here is the nice and clean tub getting filled back up.




But wait...there is more.  I even caulked the counter top and filled in a hole with the expanding foam.  Both of which I needed to do last week, even had the stuff, but I thought it would require more work and I would have a horrible time getting it to turn out right.  But, I bit the bullet and did it anyways.  Just like always, my fear kept me from doing something extremely easy.  The caulking was super fast, and the expanding foam was okay.   I touched/took my gloves off before we were done and shouldn't have.  My hands were supper tacky because of that expanding foam stuff.  So, if you ever do it--be real caferfull.
 This line turned out well.
 This one too.
 Not so pretty, but there was a bigger space that I needed to fill up.
 Here is the before pic of the holes

Here is the After pic--I  still need to cut it down after it has sat the 8 hours to cure on recommendation.

So--as you can tell, even though its done, it is by no means done better than what Danny would have done.  It would be done nicer with Danny doing it.  I'm just glad I finished the project. 
Yay me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment