Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Murphy's Law strikes again!

Just for the record I had planned on talking about the book I'm reading, 1001 things to love about the Military, tonight and discuss the first chapter.  I hope to do that tomorrow night, but tonight Murphy struck, again, so I guess I'll share my latest adventure. 

My latest adventure deals with the hot tub.  So a week or so ago I noticed it wasn't heating up and was flashing a code on the temperature pad.  I went into the pool place we bought it from (thank goodness its under warranty) and they originally told me that it was just needing a new filter.  However, after I completely cleaned out the hot tub and changed all the filters, it still wasn't working.

I called Monday and they said they could send someone out Wed (today) to look at it.  Well, the computer board was fried and they have to get the part.  Hopefully before Friday when I have the girls coming over. 

At any rate, that isn't the worst of it.  Oh no, it gets way better.  I have mice in my hot tub!!!!!  Well, when the computer part shorted out a mouse was close enough to get fried so my father-in-law took off the whole front cover and showed me--its been chewing on insulation and leaving little droppings everywhere.  I am so disgusted!!! So now that needs to be cleaned up, I have to set mouse traps, and I have to get the hot tub working--or figure out when they are coming back to finish fixing it since they didn't do that. 

Oh and not to mention that Danny brought up the fact that mice attract snakes!!!!  I guess when I go get the weed and feed and grass seed from Lowe's I'll be getting some snake away.  All the sudden I have visions of a snake climbing down my shoulder while I'm in the hot tub.  Let me tell you that if that ever happened I would abandon the hot tub--probably the whole back yard. 

All I have to say is that I am extremely thankful that my father-in-law is here visiting during this latest attack from Murphy.  I know I could have handled it, but I am really glad I don't have to do this adventure on my own.   I love that he can come visit and that it is such a low key visit.   Jace was really excited that he was here for his football practice, and is super psyched that he'll be here for the game tomorrow night.  Jace even gets to run the ball a little bit!  My father-in-law has been so thoughtful--bringing us dinner last night before the practice and making dinner for us tonight.  Again,
Thank goodness for good family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment