Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm going to be sore tomorrow

Before I get to why I'm going to be sore I have to recap the last couple of days.  I have had an absolute great couple of days.  I've been missing Danny A LOT, but I haven't been feeling lonely.  I had the ball and that was a blast.  Its still a blast watching everyone post their pics.

The next day we had a mental health day for the kids and went and watched the Lorax.  It was a great movie.  Sad, but great.  In fact, Jace, my 7 year old, said that he really liked it but it was pretty sad that all the trees got cut down.  So, we decided that during spring break we are going to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and find some baby trees and each of us will pick one out and plant it in our back yard.


By the time we got done with the movie it was pouring outside.  The kids of course LOVED running in the rain and still wanted to go to Golden Corral for lunch.  My kids love that place.  Something about being able to choose the weirdest food combinations ever, I think.  Plus this one has a chocolate fountain and they love making chocolate covered strawberries.  Notice I said making--they don't necessarily like eating all the stuff they dip in the chocolate.  :/
 The real reason we went to Golden Corral

Here are my two drowned rats after having to run into Golden Corral because the monsoon was still going strong.   When we got done eating and were driving home I knew I had done the right thing when Jace said that this was the best day ever.



After Golden Corral and going home to get dried off we went over to the low country boil/crawfish cookout--whatever you call it.  It was really nice and low key--they kids were enjoying themselves and I got to chat with some of my fav ladies again.  I took some pics of the crawfish and such and of course there is a pic of me trying the ugly little things.  I am still NOT a fan of crawfish--the texture is too crunchy for me and I still didn't like the taste.  But I told Danny I'd try one so I did.
 The bag Eric is holding is full of live crawfish--ewww!
Here the guys are taking the crab out of one of the pots.
Me trying the crawfish after Wes had properly deheaded and cleaned it.  I still didn't like it--too crunchy--yuck!!
Another pic to prove to Danny that I got up close and personal with a crawfish.  Danny had me promise I'd try one--and I did.  My first and my last ;)

Okay--now onto why I am going to be sore tomorrow.  Well, first today started with a 5K for Beautiful Feet to raise money for missions trips.  So here is a random thought--why call them 5 K--I think its to intimidate people.  It sounds a lot longer when you say 5K instead of 3 miles.  Sorry--back on track.  So the 5K was first this morning.  I walked it with a good friend Chasity.  Here are our before and after pics.  We walked so of course we aren't as sweaty as we could have been LOL.

Top is before and the bottom is after.

But that's not the whole reason I am going to be sore.  I ended up getting a wild hair and mowed my yard. Yes, Danny, I mowed--so pick yourself up off the floor.  In case you didn't know--I HATE mowing.  It is strictly Danny's job.  I hate weed eating and edging and all the stuff that goes with the yard.  But--I want a nice looking yard and to make sure there aren't any snakes in the tall grass.  So I mowed, and mowed, and mowed.  I just sold the riding lawn mower.  I still don't think it would really work for our yard but our yard is still pretty good sized so it took awhile.

I also did the edging/weed eating with the electric weed eater.  Thank goodness Danny bought me the electric one.  Its so much easier than the gas powered one, lighter too.  My hands and arms were getting sore by the time I hit the back yard with the electric one--I can't imagine what it would have been like with the gas powered.  I didn't get to finish because I ran through 5 batteries--none of them must have been fully charged so I put them all on a charger and will finish up tomorrow and then finish cleaning the hot tub.  If I can move that is.  Mowing is no joke.  Now I know why I never volunteered to do it as a teenager. 

I did notice I need to find some weed killer and some grass seed.  I'm also hoping to do some minor (very minor) landscaping over spring break.  As much as I hate mowing, I love being able to be outside and to be home.  I feel a sense of accomplishment for actually getting such a big project done.  I like being able to tell Danny that I did something big like that every once so I can prove I can handle this (or any) deployment. I take pride in being independent, but not too much pride that I hate giving  all these jobs back--but enough to keep me strong enough to survive and thrive this next year.

Well, 5K, mowing, and serving in children's church have exhausted me--time for me to get in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment