Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You ever have one of those evenings?

I should have known the week was going too well ;)  I mean the kids have been awesome...until tonight.  I am still pretty psyched about the evening because I managed to keep my cool (not normal) while Bryce was pushing every button I have.

She started the day off well, but after we went home to get her golf stuff real quick before I ran her to golf it was a constant whine, why me, I don't like this, and even a "no" thrown in there.  Oh she was pushing me to my limits.  It all started over the silliest of things--she was tired of tying her shoe laces so she didn't want to change from her normal shoes into her golf shoes, and then it was that she wanted to do her homework before putting on the shoes, and on and on and on.  It just gets sillier.  Luckily--for her--I just kept praying for strength to keep from blowing my top clean off.  God answered that prayer and I was able to keep a level tone until right before bed--and even that wasn't bad.

So this whining went on from 3:45 pm until bedtime at 7:45--and yes she went to sleep 45 minutes early.  I couldn't handle it anymore.  Here is the thing that bothers me the most---they would NEVER in a million years treat their Dad like that.   So why me?  UGH!

Its not every night and I'm 99% sure it has to do with her being sleepy--or hormones 'cause that's on its way I'm sure.  But normally she is pretty good. I am concerned, and trying to teach her, that just because you apologize 5 secs after one blow up, things aren't automatically better.  I told her I wanted her actions to show me she was sorry.  And then 10 sec. later she's having another meltdown and blaming it on something new.  I cannot stand the lack of personal responsibility.  I know she's only 9 3/4, but she can be responsible/aware of her actions.   I might be reviewing who she's hanging out with at school. 

On the plus side Jace and Garmin were perfect--they look at mom and see I'm about ready to blow and they don't want any part of it LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment