Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Honey-Do list

My husband might just have a list a mile long when he comes home for R&R.  I love that my hubby is handy around the house, and the yard, and the cars....and well, everything.  You name it he can fix it.  However, I realized yesterday that its no longer a "honey-do" list--but an "I must do" list.  Not as much fun to start that list.

It all started with me noticing the air filter was whistling a bit, so add "run to Home Depot" to my list.  Then I notice that I need to clean out the hot tub and such.  By Tuesday I've found ants again.

Let me tell you--I hate ants!!  I don't think I told you, but I ended up purchasing the extra ant service because we kept getting them so bad in the house.  Every time I turned around they were somewhere new.  So I called my trusty Terminix guy and he came over.  I almost cried at first because he told me he thinks they are in the floor and walls.  Why oh Why doesn't this kind of stuff happen when Danny can take care of it.  He said that he's seen it a lot in newer homes where they start putting up walls before the concrete has completely set and it causes spider cracks in the concrete--perfect areas for ants to get in through.  UGH!!

 At any rate after the extra potent yard treatment, then him coming and killing the last batch, I find more on my bar area.  Not a lot--5 to 10 at a time--but there are still ants!! John comes over the same day I call him and says that they are probably in the wall (okay--every time he says that it freaks me out).  So he lays some bait for them to eat and take back to others and kill the nest.  That was yesterday, and today we are ant free--so far.  So--the honey-do part comes in because John says you need to get your husband to run silicone all along this crack, and then you need to get the expanding foam to fill in this hole around this pipe, etc.... So I'm going to put my big girl panties on and do it--hopefully this weekend with the rest of the "I must get done" list.  So I'm going to go act like the girl I am and ask for the spreading foam thingy.  Wish me luck ;)

Oh--and just 'cause I can't go without bragging about my kiddos--because I'm a mom & that's what we do--report cards come out and Bryce has straight A's--all year so far.  I was pretty amazed by the fact that her highest grade was Language Arts and it was a 100% for the semester--and her lowest grade was a 94%.  Jace is still on that number system, but he also made huge improvements!! I'm so very proud of them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment