Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bucket List

So my bucket list isn't for things I want to do before I die, but rather for the things I want to do with my kids before they graduate high school.  I started thinking about this the other day because with Danny gone on a deployment or training all the time, we actually have to plan more.  I do not want to get to either kids' graduation day and say "I wish we had done...."

So I mentioned it to Danny the other day and he is supposed to be working on his list and then we'll compile them.  But I got to thinking that his list isn't going to include some things that I want to do with the kids.  For example, I really want to take the kids camping--not campsite camping--but real, we have search for a place, camping.  No ready made spaces for cars, tents, or campers.  Danny, however, doesn't want anything to do with camping unless it involves an RV.  So maybe this is something I need to gather up my courage and do with the kids alone?

The other reason I want to make this bucket list is that we get so caught up in the vacations we "should" take--ie vacations to visit family--that sometimes these things get shuffled to the side.

At any rate, Here is my list so far--it is a work in progress, and there is no specific order--remember all these things are to do with the kids.
1.  Take the kids to Lego Land
2.  Visit Sea World
3.  Go camping
4.  Dance in the rain
5.  Play Mud volleyball/have a mud fight (thank you Journey Community Church for doing this every year so I can)
6.  Visit Universal Studios.
7.  Run a 5K with one or both of my kids.
8.  Visit Europe--Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany
9.  Visit the Grand Canyon
10.  Go to Alaska
11.  Go to Hawaii
12.  Visit Yellowstone National Park
13.  Go snow skiing
14.  Go snowmobiling
15.  Grow a garden together
16.  Teach both kids to cook & bake some of the family favorites.
17.  Go on a cruise
18.  White water rafting
19.  Go to the very tip of Maine
20.  Visit Philadelphia
21.  Visit Boston
22.  Visit and experience everything in New York City--shopping, theatre, time square, etc.
23.  Go see the Nutcracker Ballet
24.  Take the kids to music concerts--ie Winter Jam
25.  Travel on Amtrak
26. Take the kids to CA to see the Golden Gate Bridge
27.  Lake Tahoe
28.  visit the only North American Rainforest
29.  Take the kids to Monterey, CA
30.  Pick apples from an Apple Orchard
31.  Pick strawberries
32.  Zip line adventure
33.  Mountain climbing/trail hiking

That's all I can think of right now, but I will add to it as I come up with ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment