We had another busy Saturday morning. I was hostessing a company brunch today. Boy do we have a great group of Army wives. I love getting together with them. I am truly blessed all the way around during this deployment--more so than any other. Other deployments I may have had great friends in the unit--but not good neighbors, or great neighbors but didn't connect with the wives in the unit. This time I've got great neighbors & friends outside of the Army AND a great network of fellow Army wives to hang out with. I know I say how blessed I am a lot, but some days I am overwhelmed by the kindness of others and how great the people are that surround me. Today was one of those days. I also need to remind myself--and let Danny know--that despite the little things that get to me, we are doing fine and have a lot to be thankful for.
Today my neighbor Robert took Jace to his football combine this morning. For those of you who don't follow sports (like me) a combine is basically "tryouts" for football. For Jace's level it lets the coaches see how well they can follow directions. Jace did awesome. One of the coaches told Robert that Jace was in the top 5 of 7 year-olds. Not quite sure what that means, but I'm a proud momma ;) The video above is his run. It was so great that Robert video taped it--I didn't even think to ask. Then he went one step further and made this video for Danny. I'm having trouble uploading that one in addition to the one above so I'll add another post in a sec.
So while Jace was at football and I was hostessing Bryce was at golf. I thought I'd left her there too long, but when I picked her up she asked me is next time she could stay for even longer. I love that my kids are into sports!! Next weekend I will be watching Bryce in her mini golf tournament they do every weekend so I'll post videos afterwards of her.
One last thought that I forgot to mention yesterday. I think Bryce could easily become a hoarder if we're not careful. When we cleaned out her room yesterday I through away so much junk--boxes from Jace's Legos, shoe boxes, etc that she was storing stuff in. Plus she has other junk. I threw away a whole bag full of stuff from her room. I need to make sure I watch these tendencies. I'd hate for her to be featured on the show at age 10 ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment