Today was a pretty decent day. I took off of work early because I had to run the both kids to the dentist and Bryce to the orthodontist. It was kind of nice to take off a little early. I was a little frustrated with work today. Still am. Vicki told me I was much happier before I took this job. I know I am more exhausted working this job. It kinda makes me worry. If I'm this exhausted as a para, how much more exhausted am I going to be as a teacher?! Makes me second guess what direction I am going in. I have been praying about it a lot lately. I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short for the opportunities I really want. I know He has a plan, but sometimes I'd really like to know what it is. Its hard because I'm a planner--a type A personality if you will ;) The Army used to stress me out so much because I couldn't plan. We'd know we were moving--but couldn't plan till the last minute. We'd know a deployment was coming but didn't have dates. R&R was a best guess time frame. All of this used to make me CRAZY! Thankfully, God has helped me have much more peace about the lack of planning I can do, but every once in a while I get caught up in the stress of not knowing what the future holds.
After my running today my partner-in-crime for this deployment--Vicki--had us over for dinner. I am so thankful I have her to share this with. She is journaling the deployment through pictures and today she took the picture of us (She is the cute skinning one in green) holding the card (instead of the kids). I can't believe its only Day 19!
So we got home and the kids did their home work quickly and then went upstairs to play. Jace found two more ants in his carpet and its starting to freak me out!! I looked everywhere for a pile or a line of ants and I have no clue where they are coming from. I didn't get the bug guy called today but it is first thing on my list to do tomorrow!
Oh, and of course the football league changes things after Danny leaves. Now they have a redshirt freshman(younger 7s) and a regular freshman group (8s) for football and I'm not sure what to put Jace in. The coach I want is taking the older group and we have a choice to put Jace in either--but I don't know. The coach said Jace would be fine in either one but that the older group will have some 9 year olds! What to do, what to do??
Before I sign off for the night I wanted to share with you what a monster our dog Garmin is. ;) For Christmas Danny bought him a bone that was bigger than he was--24" long. The picture above shows all that is left.

No comments:
Post a Comment