Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sat., January 21, 2012 Day 14



So today started off crazy.  I didn't purposefully schedule it this way, but it just kind of happened.  I scheduled a BN coffee (a social get together for some of the wives in the Battalion) way back in December for this weekend.  Then when it was time for Bryce to register for golf I was paying more attention to the day during the week she'd have to go in, then looking at what time she had to be there on Saturdays.  I didn't connect the dots.  Finally, I had to get Jace to a play date--which double as childcare since I needed the kids out of the house.

So, the coffee was from 11-2, Bryce's golf was 10:45 to 12:45 (and on the opposite side of town--probably 20 minutes one way), and Jace was supposed to play at 10.  I also have to bake some casseroles and figure out how to do that while I'm gone. So I leave at 9:15 and get all the running done and am back home by 10:20 and still have some cooking to do.  Thank goodness some friends showed up a little early to help me get all of it done.    And I am redoing the crazy hectic schedule next Saturday for a company brunch.  Luckily Vicki will be here to help hold down the house while I drive Bryce to golf.

So for those of you who don't know, Bryce is my golfer.  She loves it.  I think part of the reason she likes it is because its her way to connect with Daddy.  Its just her and Daddy who play it so when they play together she gets some real one-on-one time with Danny.  Today was her second day for this season of First Tee (great program by the way).  Saturdays are there tournament days so they go out and play.  It was raining here today but Bryce was a trooper and didn't complain & even wore Stefanie's pink rain jacket (Bryce hates pink but lost her rain jacket).   Well, when I picked her up, one of the great coaches they have there stopped me and said that just in case Bryce didn't tell me, she started crying on the golf course because she missed her Daddy.  She told them that golf made her think of her Daddy and how much she's missing him.  I love the First Tee staff so much--they got Bryce to quit focusing on how sad she was and start looking at how good she was going to get so she can beat him at golf when he gets back.  The one coach even is telling Bryce that she'll play some rounds with her on her off time.

So while Bryce was at golf, Jace was at a play date with a new friend.  They moved here from Utah over Christmas and there aren't a lot of 2nd grade boys in his neighborhood.  Probably because I think they all leave in ours ;)  Jace and his new friend share a passion for Legos so they were instant buddies ;)  In case you were unaware, Jace is now a little bit obsessed with Legos.  He carries his Lego Ideas book everywhere--even to recess--and can spend quite a bit of time in his room creating stuff.  His new career goal is to be a Lego Engineer.  

So as busy as the morning & afternoon was, my evening was very calm, which I needed.  However, I started feeling a little lonely.  Especially after Bryce wanted to go to church with Cody and Jace was upstairs playing some video games.  He started getting upset because he was stuck on a level.  Well, I'm no help there, but I did convince him to watch a movie with me.  We hadn't seen Hop yet, so we sat down to watch it, Bryce came in during it and joined us.  It was some good cuddle time. 

I forgot to mention that I had a complete blonde moment with Direct TV.  All week I'd been wondering why my Direct TV quite working.   I even called the support people last night because all 4 weren't working.  And of course I'm a little upset about the idea of having to find someone to be here to meet them--or taking off work myself, but I call anyway.  Well, 5 minutes into the call they ask me to find the little black cable box and lo and behold it wasn't plugged in.  I remember unplugging it thinking it was the computer cord or something.  Yep, I felt foolish ;)  The guy on the other end tried to make me feel better--but we both know I had a blonde moment.

Due to the fact that Direct TV was fixed I was able to order a movie for me and I watched Courageous.  I spent half the movie crying.  But it was a great movie.  I told Danny he should see it so we can talk about it.  Tomorrow is church at Journey & small group...yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment