Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting In Shape

Another typical deployment "must-do" for us is getting back in shape.  Danny and I have both gained some weight this last year and, as always, have decided the year apart is a great time to focus on getting back in shape.  That seems to always be easier for him.  I wonder why? ;)  For me, I had been on real good roll of loosing weight until about April of last year.  Since then I gained 30 pounds (the 30 I lost) all back.  So I'm back with weight watchers hoping to loose the 30 plus some more.  Its already being a challenge.  I did really good tracking all day and then went crazy tonight.  I also had every intention of working out tonight and getting some stuff done afterwards.  However, after a busy day and not getting to settle in for the night until 8:15, I'm exhausted and wanting to go to sleep.  I do not see working out happening tonight.  So I back up my schedule and say I'll wake up earlier tomorrow.  I'll try and get up at 5am.  I prefer working out in the morning anyways.  But, odds are I will sleep in.  Maybe that's why I'm sharing this on the blog so that I will be kept accountable on working out and eating healthy.

I also started a class tonight at my church to help find your purpose in life.   It seem like it will be a great class and hopefully I can get my purpose in the church and work place more clear.  I'd try and say more about it, but I am really falling asleep as I type this blog.  I guess I am tired :).  But I will keep you updated on my progress--both with weight and the rest of my purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment