Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trying to become Weird

So this month my church has been doing a series based on the book WEIRD by Craig Groeschel and we've been discussing it in our small groups.  I love it.  Some areas need more work than others to become weird but I am a work in progress.   In case there are people who read this that don't go to my church-- I'm not talking about weird like that strange addiction show.  I'm talking about weird as in not being normal.  As in I want to walk the narrow path not the wide one towards destruction.  The book states it very simply, "Normal is not working." 

At any rate, I say that to say that last night I was able to act a little weird.  I was woken up around 11 to news that there was an armed robber being looked for in our subdivision or the one next to us.  Hearing that combined with seeing patrol cars driving around our neighborhood earlier kinda made me think that it was more than rumor.  So, at first I got a little twinge of worry/fear.  But not overwhelming.  I made sure that all my doors were locked and the ADT was set.  I made sure the garage door was down.  I turned on the porch light and I turned on the TV to make it look like we were up.  After I did all the safety precautions I went upstairs and went back to bed.  I said a little prayer and that helped me get rid of my worry.  I gave it to God and went to sleep for the rest of the night.  I'm am positive that I would have been a basket case without Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment