This isn't going to be too long of a post. Just some highlights today. I want to get some reading of the book "Weird" in before I go to bed tonight. It was a good day. I'm sure that was because I got up early this morning--5:15 to be exact. I had plenty of quiet time to pray and have some coffee. I decided today that I need to get one aspect of my schedule under control at a time. I was trying to add to much to quickly after Danny left. So instead of doing anything well, I struggled to do anything at all.
This week I will focus on getting back on track with God and giving Him the time he deserves in the morning. It sure helps the rest of my day go well when I start the day with Him. Next week I will add in working out and eating healthier. It doesn't mean I'm not starting to make better choices now, it just means I'm not going to beat myself up because I haven't had time to shop, prepare better food for myself, or am too exhausted to work out. Next Monday we'll start with those and add them to prayer time.
The whole day was nice. The kids got up and ready in good moods. They pretty much stayed that way. I got out of my comfort zone and asked the kids to help me prep dinner (I'm a bit of a control freak LOL). We had tacos & strawberries for dessert. Jace cut up the tomatoes and lettuce and Bryce cut up the strawberries. I even got over my control freak issues about clean up and Jace loaded the dishwasher and washed all the other dishes. It was nice having their company to do it. I'm going to have to do it more often. It also gave me the opportunity to hear Jace's comment, "Its lonely here without Daddy." Yes, I told him, it definitely is.
No comments:
Post a Comment