Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 11

This was mostly written on the 18th--but I started falling asleep writing it so its being finished today (19th) along with my post for today :)
From yesterday:
I know--the title of this post is boring, but I really couldn't decide on a title.  I had a good day overall, so I couldn't have the title be "Murphy strikes again"....even though he did.  I almost titled in "Danny, its time to come home from your vacation" but really it hasn't been that bad.  So, we simply went with "Day 11."  Besides, every now and then I need to remember how far into this we are right?  ;)

So today was a good day.  I didn't make it up at 5 am--but I did roll out of bed around 5:30ish (Thank you Amie).  The unbelievable thing was Bryce woke up about the same time--way to early for her--so I told her to go back to bed.  She insisted she wasn't tired so I said she could watch a little TV until her normal wake-up time.  This ended up being great because she was in a good mood ALL day.  I figured she'd get cranky towards the end but she held up.

She even stayed in her good mood when Murphy struck today--at her expense...again.  She showed up at my classroom door shortly after noon COVERED from neck to toe in mud--caked on mud.  UGH!  I took one look at her and said out loud, "What am I supposed to do with this?"  There was no possible way for me to get her clean at school so I called my super hero neighbor (Lilly) and she came and got Bryce, got her changed, and brought her back.  She also washed the clothes--because as luck would have it Bryce started golf today and her only khaki pants were the ones she was wearing. 

Bryce started her Par golf session at First Tee of Augusta this evening.  No mandatory practices this session, but they are still highly encouraged.  The whole session has changed the way its designed and I kept thinking--Danny should be here for this.  I am NOT a golfer.  Danny is so he'd really get a kick out of the fact that the kids will be doing tournament style matches every Saturday and keeping an ongoing tally for the whole 8 weeks.  At these matches we can even watch and go out on the course and cheer them on.  Also, Bryce has to have someone play a round of golf with her.  I have to ask someone at First Tee because I'd be no help playing with Bryce--I'd slow her down for sure! ;)

Oh--I almost forgot.  I promised to keep you up to date on the "shape up" things.  Well, I didn't work out this morning, but I did spend time with the Bible, my S.H.A.P.E. workbook, and the Wierd book.  It really helped me get my day off to a good start.  I even stayed motivated to get some things on my to-do list done tonight.  I also did a semi-workout tonight.  I spent 30 minutes doing Bryce's Lets Dance wii game.  Wasn't too bad.  I want to get the Zumba game instead.

I didn't get to chat with Danny online yesterday.  I even slept with the computer right by my bed in case he tried to "buzz" me on the computer I might hear it.   I'll probably do the same tonight since Danny hasn't gotten on the computer yet.  I wish he had a cell phone over there.  But at least he has internet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment