Okay...so didn't I say I wanted a little less adventure today?! Well,
at least it wasn't the house this time. But boy was today a ride. It
started first thing this morning with Bryce waking up in a bad mood. I
must have prayed for patience because the Lord was trying to teach me
some this morning. She was every bit of her drama queen self and trying
to see how far I'd let her go. It all started with jeans. When she is
grumpy nothing "feels" right and she doesn't want to wear anything in
her closet. Her solution? To wear the jeans she wore yesterday.
Needless to say I told her to march back up those stairs and change
them. Its bad enough that she has her favorites and wears them as soon
as I can wash them...so it looks like she only has one or two
outfits...but I draw the line at her wearing dirty laundry. She threw
such a fit I had to ground her--which kicked off more screaming and
crying. UGH!
The hard part is that she's my emotional child.
I know she is missing Daddy and feeling it. I let some of the attitude
slide the first couple of days. However, I need to establish that I'll
actually step up and discipline while Daddy is gone. You see, Danny is
the main authority figure in this house. All he has to do is look at
them a certain way and it's, "yes sir!" It drives me insane! LOL. I
get to be the easy one when he's here and hand out hugs and kisses. So,
when he deploys the first couple weeks the kids and I all have to
adjust to my new role as both Mommy and Daddy. I knew it was coming,
but I always hope it will be easier. That the kids will magically fall
into listening to me as well as they listen to their father. But, of
course not. On the bright side, when Bryce is acting up, Jace takes one
look at the crazy lady (me) and decides he better not push any
buttons. Heck, this morning he started apologizing for not getting up
quicker ;)
Okay, so back to my day that was supposed
to be free from adventure. I get the kids to school. Thankfully Bryce
has decided to quite crying by the time we are getting out of the car.
She's still trying to get me to take back the grounding. So, in the 5
minutes we have to get inside I'm letting her know I mean it AND have a
meaningful conversation about how every action has consequences and the
only good example I can give her--her Daddy's recent speeding ticket.
I, of course, could think of nothing I've done wrong lately ;)
So I get into my class, and the kids go to theirs. Pretty
typical morning until about lunch time. Then the school nurse comes to
find me because Bryce's ear is cut open from some kid elbowing her (on
accident). This is a concern because when Bryce was 5 she had surgery
on her ears. The EENT doctors had suggested having her ears pinned back
(she had very large ears). I know there is a technical term for the
procedure, but I cannot remember it. So the procedure required
permanent stitches under the skin. We were warned that they could pop
if hit and such, but in 4 years, nothing has every happened. But,
Murphy thinks its funny to visit after Danny leaves and today her ears
starts bleeding.
So the bleeding wasn't bad, but it looked like the skin was
split. I tried to call the hospital and due to the nature of the way
the Army clinic is set up, I didn't get to talk with the Doctor but was
advised to bring her in just in case. :( So I rush to get that
authorized to make the 1:40pm appt. We get to the appt and there isn't
much to do but see if it'll heal on its own. This Army hospital doesn't
do the procedure like they did at Ft. Campbell so if something does
need to be done we'll have to be referred to a plastic surgeon. I'm not
really wanting that to happen so I'm praying for her ear to heal.
While I am on the subject of Army medicine, I just need to get on
my soap box a bit, sorry. I love Army medicine. It is not without its
issues, but from what I can tell, every hospital and insurance company
have issues. A lot of military spouses like to get angry about the
service they get, but all I can think of is that 1. its FREE and 2. I've
(mostly) had everything I needed taken care of. Like all services, you
need to make sure you're rights and needs are being seen to. Maybe its
because I grew up without having health insurance and remember every
time my brother or I got sick it was another stress on my mom. I love
that no matter what happens my kids are covered--it gives me a certain
sense of comfort. Alright--getting off of the soap box now.
My adventure pretty much ended after the doctors office. Bryce
tried again to get her punishment waived, but I'm sticking to it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment