Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Friday, January 27, 2012

The ants go marching....

Have I mentioned before how much I hate ants?  In case I forgot to mention it, I'll say it again.  I hate ants.  And for the last two days Jace has been finding one or two at a time in his bedroom.  I looked, or thought I looked yesterday, but when we got home Jace found 4 ants and freaked.

At the same time at Jace freaking, I'm trying to chat with Danny online.  Its been one of those days where I just needed 5 minutes to have a pity party before I put my big girl undies on.   I think I might have gotten 4 ;)  I say a quick good-bye to Danny and head upstairs armed with ant spray, paper towels, and pledge--cause heck if I'm going on an ant safari I might as well clean while I'm at it. 

I finally found the ants--did I mention this is a second floor room--how the heck are they getting there???  They were on Jace's sugar straw and some other small piece of candy behind his desk.  So I kill the ants--hopefully for good.  The positive of it is I completely cleaned out Bryce's and Jace's room and got rid of all the extra toys, found clothes that had been thrown in the dress up bin, and got rid of two bags of trash.  I've been wanting to do that since Danny had left but always ended up being too exhausted or busy to get to it.  So I feel accomplished tonight. 

The kids and I also sat down and watched a movie together--Dolphin Tale--loved it and loved spending some time sitting next to my babies.  The night went a lot better than the day went.  The only worry I have is for my friend's son who was admitted to the hospital.  Praying for them tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment