Family Photo 2011

Family Photo 2011
Just before the deployment

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Its starting to hit us..

So, I think its finally hit Jace that Daddy is gone for a while.  Over the weekend he was asking a lot of questions about where he was, what time it was in Kuwaits, when he was coming home, etc.   Well, yesterday and today after school Jace was more emotional than usual.  He was almost in tears yesterday because he couldn't find his Lego book.  Today it was because he wanted to ride the bus and then later because he couldn't find a toy.  He did get to see his Daddy on camera so that helped.   I need to get both the kids another animal from build a bear or some picture of Daddy to put in the daddy dolls. 

I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed at times--like how am I going to do everything that needs to get done?  I suppose I could become a hermit, but that's not going to help things.  Its the little things like shopping and cleaning that seem to stress me out the most.  I can't seem to find the time to do either of those jobs "right" and its driving me insane.  I just need one whole Saturday to do nothing but clean and catch up on the things I need to do around the house but I don't have a free day until February.  I say that like my time is wall-to-wall busy, but its not.  Its things like I have a 3 hour commitment on Saturday and it ruins the whole day to clean because I have to clean it ALL at the same time.  My goal is to slow things down so I can enjoy my weekends of reading and quilting--and just feeling caught up--soon.  Don't ask me how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to try. 

In addition to feeling overwhelmed I'm starting to feel like in the 12 days since my husband has been gone I've already asked too much of my neighbors.  I have at least 350 days to go and can't be burning my bridges yet.  I already have a hard time asking someone to watch my kids, but when I feel like I'm being too needy I get even worse.  I do not like feeling needy. 

I had two positives from the kids' school--Today the kids both got complimented.  Jace's para said that she is so impressed with his rocket math abilities. He's really whizzing through it.   And Bryce made a good choice and turned a note in that a friend asked her to pass.  Yesterday she got caught passing a similar note along, and today made the better choice.  I'm proud of her for making the tough decision--its never easy to go against what your friends are encouraging you to do.

Well, I didn't get much done today either--but I did get to have a last minute dinner with my partner-in-crime Vicki again.  I love having her and the boys over.  There is always tomorrow for cleaning :)
 








No comments:

Post a Comment